The Texas Demographic Conference is an annual meeting providing updates of demographic and socioeconomic data available for Texas Demographers,
Economists, Planners, Marketers, State and Local Governments, Diverse Businesses, Media, Consultants, and Data Center Affiliate Agencies.
Join us, if you are interested in keeping appraised of current demographic and socioeconomic data for the state of Texas.
What to Expect at the Conference:
Annual Spring Conference (typically May)
2 Days: First offers workshops and training, second day focuses on Updates, Presentations, and Current Issues
- Specialists from the Denver Regional Offices of the Census Bureau provide information concerning ongoing census activities, training in data access and use, a review of data released since our last meeting and new data products to be available in the next year.
- The State Demographer will provide an update on demographic changes in the state and discuss new data available from the Texas Demographic Center.
- Keynote speaker: To address a topic of interest (Challenges to the state, changes occurring in Texas, specific topical areas such as Health, Education, Resources, etc.)
- Presentations by other state agencies, researchers and professionals
- Discussions and Networking - create contacts with other professionals in Texas
Agencies & Organizations
- State and Local Government Offices
- City and Regional Planning Agencies
- Private consultants
- GIS Professionals
- State Data Center Affiliate Agencies (SDCs)
- Council of Government Offices
- Texas University academic and research units
- Business and Industry Data Center Affiliate Agencies (BIDCs)
- Census Information Centers (CICs)
- Economics & Commerce
- Business Development
The Texas Demographic Conference provides the opportunity to renew acquaintances, discuss current issues, and make new contacts,
so we hope you and your colleagues will join us in the years to come. If you know other data users who would find these sessions informative please encourage them to join us.